July 18, 2015

A piece of my heart.

 Well about a week before the baby was due I had my last day taking care of these sweet kids. It has been a roller coaster of emotions the last few months with them. Anxious to have my very own baby here to love and take care of... but part of my heart aching leaving this chapter behind. I started to work with Will and Ruby when they were just 6 months old. Now at 4 1/2 years old, we had our last day together!! I cant even express how much these little ones taught me. They have been such a big part of my life the last 4 years. I really love them like my own. Its not a goodbye forever, but a goodbye to our mother--child relationship. They will be my buddies forever, I hope to always stay in touch, part of my heart will be left with them forever.

 Sweet Will, so sweet with a huge kind heart. He is the first to share with me and give me a hug every time he sees me. His mind is always working, he pays attention to detail that no one else does. He can make and connect any sort of creation within seconds. I cant even remember how many times he put things in the light socket, calls me into the room to show me something he "made" (strings tide together, through holes and around again!). He doesn't always tell the truth, but listens so well! He was always making our plans for the day.  He loves to sleep in, and hates being woken up. He loves to pick out his own clothes and try to do his own hair. He is willing to try new things. He has allergies to food and knows what exactly to avoid. He is the least picky eater, and was always willing to share his food with me. Loves anything Mint. He loves his Ruby, and never wants to leave her behind. He would often ask "Well, whats ruby going to do/want?" He doesn't like to watch tv, or do anything for very long periods of time. He is my sweet little buddy.

Beautiful Ruby, such a happy happy girl. She is the life of the party between the three of us. She always is planning and thinking of something new and fun. Her imagination is endless. She would always let me pick exactly what she would wear, and was a brave girl letting me brush through those crazy curls every day. She is athletic, balance like I have never seen in a little person. She (they both!) were the Craziest climbers from birth!! I would find her higher than I ever thought/or wished possible. She has no fear, but is very shy. She loves loves her mamma. Goodbyes are hard for her. When she is in the right mood, she would crawl up and sit in my lap for a long time. She loves to hold hands. She always wants to go first, but always makes sure Will is the first one behind her. She loves stuffed animals, and always had something in tow as we went out to our errands. She is smart. She is a pickier eater and loves sweets! She used to ask her mom for "cofffe!" first thing every morning. She loves it outside, and loves to run. She likes scary movies and learned to work netflix. She would were an average of 3 outfits a day, mixed with many dress up costumes. She loves their cat (Will not so much). She has a kind happy heart and always wanted to do what was right... until her mom got home, then a new Ruby would surface :)  She is my sweet brown eyed girl.

Lilli was the leader, excitement and school girl. Driving home from school taught me a lot about childhood and what to lookout for when my kids are that age. I am grateful for our mornings together (especially once she was a little bit older :) ). She is kind and loves her baby twins!

So grateful for the family I gained 4 years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment