November 29, 2012

Africa. Adventures (1)



 The sky was a gorgeous blue and 75 degrees everyday!!
 The architecture litterally blew my mind the whole trip. I need to find some more pictures of really how amazing this was!! They did it all by hand and used wood scaffolding and cinder blocks. Probably one of the craziest things! I thought it was so neat!
 It was a new experiences to hear the, call to prayer mulitiple times a a day... starting at 5 am. I dont think I would use the word pretty to describe it like I have heard from others...but by the last few days I did appreciate it more than the first night :)
 National Museum.

3.5 million year-old skeleton of "'Lucy," the oldest
 hominid that has ever been found... and it was in Ethiopia!
 
 


 The traditional dress.

We were able to run jog/walk through Entoto Moutnain. It was GORGEOUS and such a breath of fresh air up high above the litteral city smog and the hustle and bustle of the 5 million people who live in Addis. We really loved this activity.


 I saw a little kid wearing Toms in this house, sad I missed the picture!

 Original Song and Dance dinner show. Their Dancing was SO FUN! I really should upload the videos to give it justice, their bodies can MOVE, in ways I didnt even realize were possible. It was so fun and so much energy. The outfits were really cool too, a lot of color and pretty materials. The music was up beat and the singers got very into it...hopefully videos to come soon :)
 Besides China, there are more donkeys here than ANYWHERE in the WORLD. and they were everyewhere!
 Traditonal Meal. Enjera-sourdough like pancake..not so tasty. We had lamb and beef with some really good flavor! (Unfortunately those green peppers on top, because I am allergic, kept me up all night vomitting... but it was still good!!)

 We were driving 2 hours south to Adama to an orphange and we saw a Baboon run across the road!! Just like a deer would here in Idaho. Unforunatley it was the few seconds I didnt have my camera out the whole drive so we missed it,but we were screaming and very excited!!
 Tef.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds incredible Kar! You do such an amazing job of writing so clearly and so many details we all feel like we were there. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete