Ethiopia.
WOW!! What an amazing adventure. SO many emotions wrapped up into this trip. Some of the most exciting, sweet, intense, eye opening, beautiful, heart warming, incredible experiences! Its hard to put words to the trip, but I want to write a few things down so I remember the details!
I am so excited for the Kohler family. They truly are an amazing family, such examples of love and strength. They serve our country and give so much. They are examples to Austin and I, continually exemplifying a strong, loving, happy marriage and family. I was so grateful for this chance to go with Lauren and meet their new children! The babies were.. PERFECT! Their sweet little spirits truly radiated right out of their gorgeous brown eyes!
It was so fun to get to see the babies for most of the days we were in the country. Each day we would wake up, and head over to the tomas center where they would bring the sweet little bundles to Lauren. They really were the happiest, calm and smiley babies. They are growing strong and even from the first to the last day of our trip looked bigger! They were always dressed in so many layers. It was so fun to slowly peel back their blankets and see what they were wearing for the day. Sometimes little Noah was in pink and yellow cupcake onsies or little Naomi in 18 month old dresses with blue layers on top. They keep them warm with jackets, hats and socks! Their skin was so soft and always smelt so good.
It was a lot fun for me to meet some other families that were adopting! I have seen how much energy love and work the Kohlers have put in, so it was fun to talk and hear all these other moms and dads who have gone through the same thing and were there in Ethiopia to finally meet their children! It was a really neat experience. All the kids are SO cute. They ranged from just a few months to some 8 and 9 year old children. We had a few free moments where we had the chance to go upstairs and play with the older kids. They are so smart and so eager to learn! They speak Amharic and are learning English. So we taught them af few songs, head shoulder knees and toes, hokey pokey, and a few other fun games. (side note: the elevation is well above 9,000 feet and coming from Lauren, sea level and Boise we were DYING jumping and running around with the kids, it was pathetic!) These children were so happy, with the few little things they had, no parents as of yet, and they were happy! They smiled giggled and gave the best hugs! I really leanred a lot from their examples.
I will forever remember this childrens house and every child I met.
Especially my newest niece and nephew!!!
So incredible little sis! They really are forgets little babies... Makes me happy that they are all healthy and happy!
ReplyDelete