July 11, 2010

Salt Lake City

The time here goes quick and I cannot believe its already been a month. I have SO many pictures and would love to share them all but I just picked a few... thus this post is a little scattered and crazy but now we can share just a quick peek at our new adventure and what we have been up to! Our days are long, hot and busy but we are truly enjoying this and learning so much. We have met so many new amazing people, made new friends and grown so much closer together as husband and wife :)
Adam, Austin and Ellis. These three boys plus a few others are Amazing down here. They are such hard workers. They now work up the canyon doing hard work that demands there big muscles! I love that Austin is kept busy with hard work but sad that I dont get to see him from 6am-8pm most days, as I work down on the Jordan River. Everyone loves these boys, their work ethic and good values. They really do stick out from this crowd as amazing workers and people.

I still stay busy working down on the Jordan River. My crew works with the booms while maintaining a lot of the work we did in the first three weeks. Another fun part of the job is PR. We are right in peoples backyards, public parts and busy areas, so we have to keep friendly with the nieghbors and keep everyone happy. We are in an area with man refugees from Sudan. I LOVE the little kids that come by each day. They are so cute and are so greatful for the water and drinks we offer them!

I still laugh many times at myself. I am working with three others girls and hundreds of men. I get to match Austin each day in uniform, hard hat, saftey vest, glasses and rubber boots. I never would have imagined this if you asked me earlier in life... but for now I love it :)

Austins backpack is filled everyday with all his tools and equipment. Cheveron has been amazing and take care of us very well. We are very greatful!
One of the many projects on the river to remove the oil. Austin is one of the few in a yellow hard hat vs. white and I love that I can glance up and see him on those few occasions we get to work together!
Taking a quick break...

Eat. Sleep. See oil. What a yucky mess... though it looks SO much better now, this picture was earlier on in the project.



We are having such a fun crazy experience. Austin has been so amazing and watches out for me all the time. I am a very lucky girl!! We our very greatful for the support from family and cant wait to get back to boise soon hopefully :)

1 comment:

  1. kara what a fun post! It seems like you guys are having the most amazing experience!! so so hard but so awesome... im proud of you guys!! your pictures all decked out in your uniform are crazy!! leave it to karalee to be working in a hard hat out of all of us :) stay safe!

    ReplyDelete