January 18, 2015

Baby.Baby.Baby!!

 I cannot believe I am writing this post... we are having a baby!  I have spent my whole life loving babies. I really do just love their sweet perfect little spirits. There are not many things I love more than a squishy little newborn!!! I have so many kids that I have such a special connection with. They have taught me so many life lessons and bring so much joy into my life. Though throughout the past 10 years of "borrowing babies" as I like to call it, people constantly remind me, "just wait until its your own child!" I thought about it but its always been a thought of something far in my future...
Here we are at 17 weeks and it all still seems so surreal! Our family is growing!!! We couldn't be more excited or feel more blessed to welcome this sweet perfect spirit into our family! 

The news a little shocking at first to the Daddy to be.
 But as each week passes we are both feeling more comfort and excitement about bringing this baby home and growing from just the two of us... to the three of us!!! I tried to soften the news by using his favorite thing.. cowboys football haha, he was surprised but it was a fun night that I will never forget, sharing the news and the emotions we felt! This process is amazing, its crazy and a miracle and I am so happy to have Austin by my side!  
 December 19th we had our first ultrasound! We both were pretty nervous. We hadn't told anyone our news yet, and honestly I am not sure either of us 100% processed or believed this was really happening ha! Seeing our tiny 1.8cm baby with its 177 heart rate was amazing!! I remember looking back at Austin just smiling. He was smiling while neither of us said much. A baby was there,was growing, had a heart beat and we were going to be parents!!
 Some of our biggest most special moments to date!
  January 23rd we were able to hear the babies heart beat! Austin and I are not very emotional people, at least we do not show or share our emotions that often. I tease that we are probably funny OB patients. We heard the heartbeat, and Austin says "hmm that's not what I thought it would sound like.." haha we are definitely first timers and each milestone and appointment is a true adventure. Hearing the heart beat really is a special moment. Looking forward to the process and next 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment