Michaela and I ran a half marathon last week put on by the prison. Austin has been at a "boot like camp" for the last two weeks, (another post) and I was crossing my fingers that his drill instructors would let them come out to the race for a second! We were about to start... and his bus pulled up! I was so excited, I hadn't seen him for a while, even though he couldn't even crack a smile it was so much fun watching him and have them send us off to start the race. I ran by blew him a big kiss and took lots of pictures. Hopefully embarrassed him a little bit right? So proud of him and so happy Kayla and I ran the race. The wind was....crazy to say the least. Thanks to my baby sister,who let me run the end of the race tucked behind her avoiding the wind, we finished! She is always a great motivator and really took one for the team this time, so thanks baby Kay!!
you two girls ROCKED this!! My favorite pic is that one of you giving a thumbs up right in front of him! :)
ReplyDelete