December 14, 2011

some holiday cheer

I have been SO excited to go and pick out our Christmas tree this year. Last year we were working on the oil spill right up until Christmas and did not get the chance to enjoy this activity. 
Austin is known to have a little Mr. Scrooge in his system this time of year, just a little bit!
 So I had been prepping him all week, "this week we are going to get our tree aust!!" so our experience would be a good one!
 I have a bit too much excitement and Christmas cheer so really we balance each other out perfectly.
I have so many fun memories of picking out our Christmas trees from when I was growing up.
sorry Heath :) but I even remember my sister crying in the Christmas tree lot around the little wimpy crooked trees feeling so bad because they wanted a warm home to go to and no one was picking them out. My sisters and I all bundled up and would run up and down the rows of trees until we all decided on the "perfect" one!
Austin and I ventured out to the find our tree. We got to the tree lot and I couldn't stop smiling. I think Austin thought I was a little crazy for getting so excited but he went along very well and helped us get the perfect tree :) He was such a good sport and pulled out and held each tree as I stood back and looked and critiqued it. I think I even made him hold each tree out a few times around ha ha.
None the less we found our little baby tree and I love it!



 yep he can hold it up with one arm off the ground
 We have added a few more finishing touches, lights etc. but our apartment finally smells like Christmas and it really has made this month so much more cozy and cheerful in our home!
Thank you Austin for the perfect tree!

1 comment: