December 16, 2013

Hadley Mae (the dog.)

(she came with the name, responded so well and knew it, so it stuck!)

I cannot believe the Legg house owns a dog. It has been a real dream of Austin's from the day his high school dog was gone, so 7 years. He just LOVES dogs... I just DO NOT like dogs haha but oh the joys of marriage compromising. So for his 24 birthday, he was given a puppy!

My expectations 1. A companion to run with/motivate me to run and 2. Bark when someone comes on our property/approaches the house.
Austin's expectations 1.Best day of his life 2. new best friend 3. playmate 4. cuddler, 5. hunting/camping buddy and.. his list could go forever.

So Hadley came to our family. She was a little 4 month old PitBull. Though I had very little expectations and honestly was not even sure she would stay long... She is growing on me. I wanted to get a dog small enough I would hopefully fall in love because of its cuteness and then she would have to stay.. but not TOO small that she pees in my house/ whines etc. Hadley did just that. ZERO accidents in the house. Not a single night spent whining in the crate. Has chewed NOTHING. I do not know dogs, at all really, but I hear she is a "perfect puppy" so for that I feel lucky! We had minor incident with a bad eye, after a couple surgeries she is better than ever and lots of fun. I often find us talking to her like we should be talking about a child "she is growing too fast, look at her new trick, when should she eat next, her personality is getting so fun.." ya pathetic slightly. She is definitely filling our baby fix right now haha!

I do not think I will EVER get over how bad she stinks, I feel like my house ALWAYS stinks, the hair that I find everywhere even after vacuuming every day, sometimes twice a day. The way she trips me in the kitchen while I cook, licks my leg EVERY time I come home without fail... I am trying hard to just set those negatives aside and just learn to love her because Austin is in Heaven!!!Its honestly a side of him I have never seen. He just loves her, cares for her and is so proud of her. I just get a little tiny glimpse into him being a father someday and I melt... so Hadley I think you get to stay. she is 6 months old this week, 50lbs and growing strong!

Happy Birthday Austin!




















No comments:

Post a Comment