June 28, 2012

Goal Complete.

 Utah Valley Marathon 2012.

 Carb loading dinner. Thanks mom :)
(unfortunately my three months of carb loading is over ha!)
 Pre race.....so happy and so unaware of the pain ahead!
 FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of my all time favorite pictures. To complete this with 2 of my sisters!! Such an awesome memory. They are so strong and I am SO happy we did this as team zeebs :)!

and of course the support from Austin was a must, and he out preformed himself from day one! Encouraging words, running treats, filling the ice baths, chocolate milk runs, dragging me out of bed on early saturday mornings, encouraging text, buying new running gear, cheering me on for the half marathon, grumpy sore leg days, eating carbs for dinner for weeks, and driving down for race day! His sweet face got me through so many of those last miles. (and his tough voice "come on kar" got me up some of the steepest hills haha!) I was so happy to have him there at the end. Thanks Aust!!
This was such a fun experience. One as of now, I will probably never do again, but I really did love it. 
Huge shout out to my amazing sisters, it made the race and training so much fun. To have them to, literally during the race at some points, pull me along. They were the brain and motivation through this whole idea. 
Race day was perfect. The weather was gorgeous. After loading the 3 am shuttle to the start line, we lined up and started running at 6 am. The canyon was crisp, clear and relaxing. The river and lake was beautiful. The trail was ideal. I finished and that was the ultimate goal :) so many amazing people on the race course, volunteers and other athletes. I was so impressed and surprised by how many runners would say "good job" as I ran by them or when I would stop to get water, "you got this!" 
Races are such inspiring activities, to see people push themselves and encourage each other, to reach a goal. 


26.2 Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment