May 8, 2012

CERT

I have been meaning to post about this for a while, an important event in Austins life I do not want us to forget... not sure if he ever could though even if he wanted to :)
Austin spent 14 days out at Gowen field surviving his way through CERT (Correctional Emeregency Response Team) academy, and of course he passed top of his class!!
I was not there to experience anything with him, but what I have heard, pictures I have seen, emotions I saw in my hubby... it sounds AWFUL. He was tortured, pushed around, sprayed with OC gas, ran with telephone poles on his back, did enough push ups to last a life time, army crawled, shot guns, hand to hand combat, no sleep, room cleared and the list goes on.
 
 I missed him like crazy for those few weeks, but I am more than proud of him for setting this goal and passing the academy top of his class. He truly is amazing at what he does and genuinely loves his work. This makes me very happy. He works harder than anyone I know. He is dedicated and brave. He can be a beast and tackle anything they put in front of him... literally.



 



Congrats Aust I am so proud of all you have accomplished and the opportunities this opens up for you!







1 comment: